Tuesday 15 October 2013

Second Love.

(Yes. I haven't posted for a while for various reasons but as all teenagers do I've found something else to fuss about, well, someone else but that's not the point. I'm writing and that's more important than anything. In any case things aren't so bad, I'm pretty content and happy... But before I post my poem maybe I can copy-paste something that a friend of mine posted on Facebook quite a while back and hope she doesn't mind...it really just describes how I feel perfectly: 

"life is wierd ....there was a milkey way or somethin tonight ...i hate school ..nd I love skating ...nd I wish da devil burns for once in he's dam life  hahahaha I dono y I posted this xx 


#Bored

Now that's out of the way I'd like to post something I've written during this new period of calm contentedness that I'm experiencing, before anything else happens to me both inside and outside the confines of my blog (there's a lot of shit I haven't typed about here but I can only do so much...). Hope you like it as much as I like feeling this way. )

SECOND LOVE.

Hand-holding as the stars sing,
I think I’m getting older.

I don’t believe that’s the roar of God out there,
it’s probably just the wind or crickets, who don’t
burn so bright and distant; screaming in the dark.
Sound doesn’t travel through vacuums anyway so
it’s funny

that I can still hear you
whispering through my phone.

Didn’t that conversation happen a week ago?

You’re under-cover, in your bed-sheets,
hiding from your parents while mine just watch TV.
Again this is all just memory,
where sounds cannot reach us

but I’m sure you can still hear me
as I tell you that yes,
I’ve finally written words for you, words for me.

What will happen tomorrow?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment and say something. Please don't troll...and most importantly don't say anything stupid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts